Aug. 31, 2020, 7:58 p.m.
Women’s cricket definitely needed this tour to happen”
This from West Indies Women’s Skipper Stafanie Taylor, before the team’s departure on Sunday night, from Antigua to Derby. What we saw in the recently concluded World Cup, where over 86,000 fans packed the MCG to watch women’s cricket and millions more watching, it was vital that women’s cricket be back on the front burner after this long absence due to Covid-19.
Personally, Stafanie knows the first few days will be utilized to get rid of the rust as a result of not playing competitively for over five months but she’s ready to kickstart the tour along with the rest of the squad. Stafanie is no stranger to English conditions along with Hayley Matthews, both having played in the formerly known Kia SuperLeague. Stafanie is hoping to capitalize on this first-hand knowledge in the five-match series against England Women, starting on September 21 at the Incora County Ground in Derby.
- Monday September 21: 1st Vitality IT20, England v West Indies
- Wednesday September 23: 2nd Vitality IT20, England v West Indies
- Saturday September 26: 3rd Vitality IT20, England v West Indies
- Monday September 28: 4th Vitality IT20, England v West Indies
- Wednesday September 30: 5th Vitality IT20, England v West Indies