MENU

Holder In Good Shape But Late Decision To Be...

Stokes ‘in the mould of Kallis’ – Simmons

30th April 2015 Comments Off on Narine gets backing from TTCB Views: 1010 News

Narine gets backing from TTCB

The Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board has given its full backing to off-spinner Sunil Narine.

Yesterday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced that Narine had been banned from bowling the off-break at all of their tournaments but could bowl the faster delivery and knuckle ball after undergoing testing at the ICC-accredited Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Sciences Centre in Chennai.

Narine was reported for a suspect action following Kolkata Knight Riders’ match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 22 in the Indian Premier League. The off-spinner was also reported for a suspect action twice during the Champions League last year but was cleared after undergoing testing at ICC-accredited centres in Loughborough and Chennai.

In a release yesterday, the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) said it “sent a letter to Narine pledging their support and assistance during this difficult period.”

Chief Executive Officer of the TTCB, Suruj Ragoonath said: “The Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board are very supportive of Sunil Narine as he currently embarks on addressing the issues raised by the BCCI concerning his bowling action. We are fully committed to assisting Sunil in whatever way he needs our support. We know it is a trying time and it’s difficult but we know Sunil has the necessary resolve to overcome this situation and continue to mesmerise batsmen around the world.”

Taken from the Trinidad Express

Comments are closed.