Cricket West Indies have implemented a sustainable, world class Coach Development system that seeks to:
- Use cricket as a vehicle to engage and develop young people who can positively contribute to our communities.
- Develop world class West Indian Cricketers.
Coach Development opportunities in the form of accreditation courses and workshops (online and face to face) have been tailored to equip our coaches at the various levels across the region with the requisite skills to effectively contribute to the West Indies Cricket Pathway.
FREE Online ICC Foundation Coaching Course
The International Cricket Council, in partnership with Cricket West Indies, has launched a Foundation Certificate that is designed to empower ICC Members to grow the game in their respective countries and provide a quality playing experience for all participants. The free, online accreditation has been developed specifically for coaches who are coaching at the entry level stages of the player pathway as well as for those who would like to utilize the training resource as a platform to attain further accreditation.
The certificate represents the launch of the global ICC Training and Education Programme and is a significant milestone for the development of cricket around the world. The course is self-paced, delivered entirely online and allows participants to explore a range of modules focusing on the basics of the game, Safety & Inclusion, the Participants, the role of the Coach, as well as how to create effective training and enjoyable game day environments.
To access the FREE Online ICC Foundation Coaching Course – CLICK HERE
CWI Competition Coaching Course (Level 1)
- 2 hour online module – West Indies Cricket Pathway, Role of a Coach
- ≈11 Hours Face to Face (with a blended learning option)
- Delivered by CWI Coach Developers
- Modules include:
- Basics of Cricket & Coaching Styles
- The “whole game”
- Planning (practical assessment)
- Delivery (practical assessment)
To register your interest for the CWI Competition Coach Course (Level 1) – CLICK HERE
CWI Representative Coaching Course (Level 2)
- 3 days face to face (blended learning option)
- Delivered by CWI Coach Developers, UWI staff & external specialists.
- Modules include:
- Coaching Philosophy
- Skill Acquisition
- Applied Coaching
- Biomechanics (intro)
- Captaincy & Leadership
- Athlete Management System (AMS)
- Sports Medicine/Nutrition (intro)
- Mental Skills
To register your interest for the CWI Competition Coach Course (Level 2) – CLICK HERE
CWI High Performance Coaching Programme (Level 3)
- Candidate nominations by CWI & Territorial Board invitation only
- Virtual Selection Interview.
- Programme fee TBC
- 5-day residential component
- 42 hours face to face & online (blended learning).
- 12 month assessment process (including virtual mentoring, coach observations & 60 hours of HP coaching).
- Delivered by CWI HP Unit staff, UWI staff, Specialist consultants (in person & virtual).